Fetch is a Macintosh program for transferring files over networks, such as the Internet, using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Fetch 5 includes all the standard features of a modern FTP/SFTP client, presented in a user interface that is simple and easy to use.
Fetch is compatible with a wide range of FTP and SFTP servers, from mainframes and high-end servers to Macintosh, UNIX, Windows, and Netware computers, and even servers in prepress systems, image editing systems, photo processing equipment, and medical imaging systems.
Fetch can be used to:
- Publish a website at a web hosting provider
- Rename, move, delete, and change the permissions of files on a web server in order to maintain a website
- Publish images for eBay auction listings
- Transfer documents to a printing company or service bureau
- Submit advertisements to newspapers and magazines
- Move files between your Macintosh and other computers or specialized equipment